Admission is a selection process, from inquiring, applying, interviewing/testing, scoring/reviewing/ selecting to accepting.
Prospective students must have submitted all required documents before being officially accepted by a program to be enrolled in the appropriate classes on a specific starting date.
- Contact Admissions and submit copies of your unofficial transcripts to the Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or fax-562-988-1791), including the following REQUIRED information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Preferred E-mail Address
- Home address
- List all the colleges/universities that you have attended
- Appointment Date/ Time: either 10AM or 3PM on a Friday
- Call (562) 988-2278 to verify if the Admissions has received your documents and to confirm your Friday meeting with Advisor
- Attend a Saturday Open House with the University and the School of Nursing
- Schedule and attend a 1-1 consultation with Advisor after Info Session or Open House if you are ready to apply
- Submit a complete application packet, which will be scored by a point-system (see page 26).
- Confirm and attend invited interviews with the university and the school of nursing
- Take the Wonderlic entrance test
- For spring and fall quarter BSN applicants only: Submit a valid TEAS score by the deadline
- Spring deadline is December 1st
- Fall deadline is June 1st
- For Pre-Nursing applicants only: Complete the Accuplacer testing requirement on campus, unless the applicant has a BA /BS or higher degree
- Schedule and attend meetings with our Financial Aid representatives after FAFSA documents such as SAR, entrance Counseling and MPN are completed; parents may be required to participate
- Respond to and sign the decision letter within the stated deadline with a $500 non-refundable enrollment deposit (in cash, money order or cashier’s check; payable to AUHS)
- Attend the mandatory New Student Orientation.
- Bring a laptop.
- Class schedule will be given at the orientation.
- Wear AUHS uniform to take a student I.D. picture.
- Bring $30 to pay for the student I.D.
- The quarter begins