The AUHS Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Science is a three year interdisciplinary program that focuses from the outset on the foundation of coursework in mathematics and the basic sciences (chemistry, biology and physics). The program then progresses to advanced coursework in the pharmaceutical sciences, including aspects of drug design and synthesis, mechanisms of drug action, pharmacology and toxicology, dosage formulation, manufacturing, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance. The curriculum also includes elective credits for individual preparation and educational focus.
Why Choose BSPS at AUHS?
The purpose of the health sciences program is to provide graduates with the relevant knowledge base, skills, attitudes, ethics and values to succeed in basic and applied health-related careers. Some of the unique features of AUHS BSPS program are:
- Pathway into the AUHS Doctor of Pharmacy
- Fast paced education without the loss of quality or the amount of learning (3 year program)
- Varying course topics to broaden options for our graduates
- Community outreaches and international mission trips are required for graduation
What Can I Do With A B.S. Degree
in Pharmaceutical Sciences?
The BSPS program at AUHS presents various career path opportunities that include entry-level technical positions in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry; graduate education in pharmaceutical, clinical research, and basic sciences; and post-baccalaureate professional education in pharmacy.
- Apply to AUHS Doctor of Pharmacy Program
- Apply to AUHS Master of Science in Clinical Research
- Careers in Research and Development
- Careers in Clinical Trial Operations
- Regulatory or Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing